Changes to the Mass to address corona virus concerns
Following are changes to our Liturgy as suggested by the Archdiocese to address the concerns with the spreading of corona virus:
- We will suspend the exchange of the sign of peace via physical contact; you may exchange a verbal sign of peace.
- We will suspend the holding of hands during the praying of the Our Father.
- Whenever possible, keep a distance of three feet from your nearest neighbor.
- Holy Communion should be received in the hand.
- Until further notice, we will suspend the distribution of Holy Communion to the faithful via the chalice.
- The elderly have the option to participate in the Mass on TV via channels such as EWTN, and request that Holy Communion be brought to your home by Eucharistic Ministers to the sick & shut-in.
- Parishioners with a respiratory illness, the flu, a fever or a serious cold should stay home and know that you will not be bound to attend weekend Mass.
- We strongly encourage you to practice good hygiene, including using alcohol-based hand sanitizer lotion in restrooms and public areas, and proper cough-and-sneeze etiquette.