Our Stained Glass Windows
These stained glass windows were created by Meyer & Company of Munich, Germany. The windows were installed during the years leading up to the 1904 World’s Exposition. A small booth at Fairgrounds Park directed people down the street to see Meyer & Company of Munich’s beautiful windows. The church was struck by lightning on August 16, 2007, and the firefighters took extra care to preserve the famous windows.
Over 100 years after their installation, the seals bordering the windows are beginning to break down and are in need of replacement. Complete restoration of the interior and exterior of all 54 windows will cost an estimated $2.5 million.
Photos by Fr. Richard Potts, C.Ss.R.